Tuesday 30 July 2013

Speckled Sunset Gradient Egg Nails featuring China Glaze Fancy Pants!

Hello everyone! Today I have a swatch of China Glaze Fancy Pants and some speckled-egg-looking gradient nail art to share!

I'll be swatching four more Black Sheep Lacquer polishes tomorrow night for all you lovely people and for Erin's shop!

Speaking of shopping, I broke my no buy yesterday :(. I had this feeling yesterday morning that I would find something perfect and have to buy it and I did! It's a lovely black maxi skirt that puffs out a lot when you spin (it has a lot of fabric). It dips down lower in places at the bottom so it isn't just cut straight across which I love! I'll just pop a picture of it down below because I'm so in love with it! It looks a bit gothic to me which I really like because I don't usually dress that way!


Onto the nails!

China Glaze Fancy Pants

This is two coats of Fancy Pants plus top coat. A coat of top coat really brings this polish to life and lets you see the gorgeous pink shimmer!

China Glaze Fancy Pants



I was going for a gradient leopard print today, but I decided to stop here because I love the look of these! I also skipped top coating this because I liked the fact that the little shapes are slightly raised! The colours I used for this pattern were: Essie Tart Deco (orange), China Glaze Dance Baby (pink, already coming in handy for nail art!) and Essie Play Date (purple).




Thanks so much for taking a look everyone! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty nail art design, and lovely skirt! I'm glad you found something you love so much, and sometimes it's worth it to break a no-buy ;) Also are your feet and hands really tiny? I never thought they looked small in photos but they do in your skirt photo. My hands are disproportionally large haha but luckily I don't think you can notice in swatches either :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you said that haha, I would've been so sad if I hadn't've bought it! My feet are a US 5 1/2 or 6, and my hands are pretty small... I think I'm a US size 6 in rings. They look too small in that picture though haha, I think it's just a weird angle and pose! You can't tell at all in your pictures, I guess there's not really any reference you can use. Even holding a nail polish bottle doesn't help you tell because it's not like hands can be crazy small or crazy big!

      Delete
  2. I really like the skirt, it looks so pretty. Plus who doesn't love a skirt that flutters when you spin ^_^

    Fancy Pants is an amazing blue! I keep seeing all these blues and needing to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had to buy it, I would've been sooo sad if I hadn't! I know right? They're lovely!

      Would you call it a blue? For me I seriously can't call it blue or purple because it's right in between! It's amazing, you were saying you were getting into polishes with shimmer like meright? This one's absolutely perfect! :)

      Delete