Wednesday 24 July 2013

My Picks from the Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Collection: Swatches and Review!

Hello everybody! Today I have swatches of the five Sally Hansen Sugar Coat polishes I picked up from the States last month to share!

I'm going to go ahead and talk about the formula here because almost all of them had the same formula, I'll mention the differences under the pictures if there are any! These polishes were quite easy to work with as long as you applied thick coats (to get the polish where you want it and to not build a grit barrier and an uneven line). Most of these polishes are white-based and most of them took two thick coats (as thin coats aren't really an option with these polishes). Dry time was really quick and to my surprise, I like these polishes as much as glitter-containing textured matte polishes!

Onto the swatches!

Sally Hansen Sweetie

Sweetie- two coats

Sally Hansen Sweetie

Sally Hansen Sweetie

Sally Hansen Sweetie


Sally Hansen Lick-O-Rich

Lick-O-Rich- one coat

You can see here what the finish of these polishes look like at one coat, there are shiny and smooth bits as well as gritty matte ones!

Sally Hansen Lick-O-Rich

Sally Hansen Lick-O-Rich

Sally Hansen Lick-O-Rich


Sally Hansen Sour Apple

Sour Apple- two coats

Sally Hansen Sour Apple

Sally Hansen Sour Apple

Sally Hansen Sour Apple


Sally Hansen Cherry Drop

Cherry Drop- two coats

This polish was a jelly polish, not a white-based creme like the other four Sugar Coats in this post. It was super opaque but at two coats it still had VNL because it's a jelly. This polish had a longer drying time than the rest, and it had a more subtle textured matte effect.

Sally Hansen Cherry Drop

Sally Hansen Cherry Drop

Sally Hansen Cherry Drop


Sally Hansen Sugar Fix

Sugar Fix- two coats

Sally Hansen Sugar Fix

Sally Hansen Sugar Fix

Sally Hansen Sugar Fix

Thanks for reading and taking a look! :)

2 comments:

  1. I really like the White and yellow ones, they are so cute! I like the textured look, but I always try and not let myself buy too many because I will never use them as much as other polishes, so I love it when someone swatches and I can pick my favs :p So thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I absolutely love textured matte polishes but I don't wear them a ton either because I feel like there isn't a lot of nail art you can do on them. No problem at all! I was actually super proud that I swatched five polishes in one day for the first time! It only took a few hours and I added the watermark to my pictures along the way! :)

      Delete