Saturday 13 July 2013

Black Sheep Lacquer Swatches: Badass, Major Tom and A Letter to the New York Post!

Hello my lovelies! Today I got bored and decided to start swatching my new Black Sheep Lacquer polishes! I keep buying and getting sent them for swatching and they're all so awesome!

They all had lovely formulas as I've come to expect, so onto the swatches!

Black Sheep Lacquer Badass

This amazing polish is called Badass and it's definitely that! I actually think this one is my favourite of the twenty-one Black Sheep Lacquer polishes I own. Badass is a green to purple duo-chrome polish with a pinch of scattered holographic glitter thrown in. It also looks like a charcoal colour at certain angles... basically it's just incredibly stunning. This polish was so generously sent to me for swatches! This is two coats!

Black Sheep Lacquer Badass

Black Sheep Lacquer Badass

Black Sheep Lacquer Badass

American Apparel Coney Island

Undies for the next polish! Two coats of American Apparel Coney Island.

Black Sheep Lacquer Major Tom

This is Major Tom (a reference to David Bowie's Space Oddity, love him!), a pink jelly base with tiny silver glitter, small silver holographic bar glitter, small matte light pink hexes, medium-sized matte light pink circles and large hot pink matte hearts! As if all that wasn't cool enough, this polish also glows greenish yellow in the dark! This is just one coat over my undies!

Black Sheep Lacquer Major Tom

Black Sheep Lacquer Major Tom

Black Sheep Lacquer Major Tom

Black Sheep Lacquer Major Tom

As you can see, the glow effect isn't super strong, but that makes it easier to sleep while wearing!

Essie Play Date and Mojito Madness

Undies for the last polish of this post! Two coats of Essie Play Date (purple) and one coat of Essie Mojito Madness (green).

Black Sheep Lacquer A Letter to the New York Post

Finally, we have A Letter to the New York Post, a whole bunch of matte black and white glitters of all shapes and sizes in a clear base! This is just one coat over my undies!

Black Sheep Lacquer A Letter to the New York Post

Black Sheep Lacquer A Letter to the New York Post

Black Sheep Lacquer A Letter to the New York Post

Thanks for reading everybody! Stay tuned for swatches of three more Black Sheep Lacquer polishes tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I just got a big batch of Black Sheep polishes I had ordered myself! I tend to wear polishes not swatch them but I'm so excited to try these out I may have to make an exception. The middle one is perfect for valentine's day :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, which ones did you get? :) I didn't really think I'd ever be a swatcher but it's actually pretty fun! :) Major Tom is so perfect for Valentine's Day!

      Delete
    2. hehe what didn't I get? Lateralus, Run to the Hills, Stinger, Aliens Exist, Vision in Blue and Green Day :) She was also generous and threw in an extra mini for me :) I may have to test out swatching in the future, especially if I keep buying so much polish!

      If any of those are ones you don't have I will definitely be sharing them on my blog writingwhimsy.com :)

      Delete
    3. Of those I only have (and have swatched) Lateralus and Aliens Exist! Haha me too, I wanna swatch the polish I have that I've never used!

      Delete
  2. I really love Badass!! Wow that is a great looking polish! it looks like metal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously in love with it. It's amazing!! :D

      Delete