Sunday 28 July 2013

Abstract Watercolour Flower Nails!

Hey there friends! It's about one in the morning where I live and I just finished painting my nails and taking pictures of them! Today I have nails that look a bit floral in real life (the yellow and orange bits look like flowers) but not so much in these pictures. I also took pictures of OPI My Vampire is Buff on its own before I jazzed my nails up!

I'll have more Black Sheep Lacquer swatches for you all very soon! Erin's made at least a few new polishes and I'm really excited to see and swatch them!

Also, I said in my last post that I'd do some nails to match an outfit next and I didn't end up doing them today. I'll try to next time I paint my nails, I just have to find a cool patterned shirt in one of my shirt buckets (I organize my clothes strangely)! I apologize for the remnants of my nails that I filed off today appearing in the photos! I didn't manage to get that stubborn thin layer of nail that doesn't file off off of every nail I guess!

Without further ado, onto the pictures!

OPI My Vampire is Buff

This is two coats of My Vampire is Buff which isn't enough coats for this polish to be opaque unfortunately. My light box setup is very forgiving because the two coats look opaque enough in these pictures! I didn't bother with a third coat because I knew I'd be covering my base with some nail art. I also added a coat of my usual top coat (Essie Good to Go) before taking these pictures, because I didn't want the polish thinned with acetone to remove my base colour!

OPI My Vampire is Buff


Here is my first attempt at watercolour nail art! I followed MrCandiipants' tutorial for this design, you should check her out if you never have because she's hilarious and so creative! I didn't thin out the polishes enough, but I decided I didn't mind the stripey look and kept adding colours! Speaking of which, the polishes I used were: American Apparel Mannequin (peach), OPI Fiercely Fiona (a super unique shade of yellow, absolutely love it!), and China Glaze Bahamian Escape (blue)!




My elusive right hand!

Thanks for having a look everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment