Thursday 11 July 2013

Bird Nail Art To Match My Scarf! :)

Hello my wonderful readers! Today I have what might be my favourite nail art I've ever done to show you! I got two lovely circle scarves on my four day beach vacation and I decided I'd do nail art inspired by each of them!

As you'll probably notice, I filed my nails down a considerable amount after my last post! One of my nails broke a week or two ago and it had gotten worse so I decided to shorten them. I'm not sure if I like them yet haha, but they'll grow back!

So here we go, onto a bunch of pictures of my bird-scarf-inspired mani! Stay tuned for some nail art inspired by my other scarf and some more Black Sheep Lacquer swatches in a few days!

American Apparel Trenchcoat

For the base of this design I used two coats of American Apparel Trenchcoat and a coat of top coat. Then I went in with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to do the branches and the little birdies!

American Apparel Trenchcoat

American Apparel Trenchcoat

American Apparel Trenchcoat

American Apparel Trenchcoat

American Apparel Trenchcoat

American Apparel Trenchcoat

American Apparel Trenchcoat

American Apparel Trenchcoat

Thank you for reading! I hope you all like this much as I do! :)

4 comments:

  1. I think your nails look great! I think oval nails can get away with looking really good short.

    I love your inspo, plus that tan colour is so pretty. I love brown nails for some reason. Good job on the birds, I am not that good at free handing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like almost every time I shape my nails I don't think I've shaped them round enough haha, but now that you say that, I guess they are pretty round :).

      I love these so much, I expected to get a bunch of upvotes on Reddit for some reason but I totally didn't. I just thought more people would like these as much as I do! I guess it only really matters if I like them or not because I'm wearing them :).

      I thought I'd be horrible because I never was good at drawing or painting in art, but I did so much better than I expected. And with my left hand too, I'm still shocked haha. You should try free handing because maybe you can do it too and you just don't think so! :)

      Delete
    2. I think you have nothing to worry about, your nail shape is always A++ :p

      I find Reddit is weird like that, it depends more on the time of day and the title than on how good the nails are. I had one I didn't even like that much and it is my highest voted post, and than one I loved got like 6 upvotes. Or maybe I have really unpopular taste. Yea! that is for sure the way to look at it.

      Both hands look great so great! you would think you had done painting before. I think I should free hand more, just to get better at it. :)

      Delete
    3. That's seriously so nice to hear, thank you! :)

      I was kind of thinking that because I posted it late at night from North America haha, but who knows! I agree, my most upvoted posts aren't that cool and aren't my favourite. Or maybe we both have unpopular taste haha!

      I was super impressed with myself haha, you should really try it, it's quite fun!

      Delete