Friday 19 July 2013

My Collection!

Hey everybody! I'm absolutely exhausted after spending the day at the lake and having to swim really far (maybe half a kilometre) to rescue a tube that was floating away! I felt like an idiot because I was a few centimetres from reaching it when the wind blew and then I had to follow it to the end of the lake.

Anyways, today I have my collection of nail polish, nail supplies and nail art supplies to share! The pictures aren't the best because I'm so tired after being in the Sun and swimming so much today!


Here are my babies! The grand total is 246, which is probably a bit much, but I love each and every one of them! That's excluding base coats, clear top coats and stripers!


I have more Essies than any other brand, 24 to be exact! They take up more than a whole shelf! So do my Black Sheep Lacquers and OPIs though!


You can see how I open difficult to open bottles on the dark pink OPI here. For added grip you can wrap another elastic band around the bottle part of the polish!


All my supplies!


Clear base coats and top coats and cotton pads!


These two bins aren't super organized and a lot of things are stacked on top of each other so you kind of have to search for things!


I have a ridiculous amount of nail polish remover, I know. But the giant bottle of acetone is almost a litre and it was on sale for six dollars at Sally's!

Thanks for taking a look everyone, I hope you're having a lovely day! Feel free to ask me where I got anything or what anything is in the comments! :)

4 comments:

  1. I adore this post! SO much fun thank you for sharing. Incredibly envious that you get to display your polish, but I only recently got a melmer so I still prefer that over the cardboard box I stored my polish in for years. Your nail art supplies are so much fun and make me want to try out more nail art, I think it's in my future, I'm just dipping my toe in slowly!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Melmers are a really good storage option too :). I just ordered a bunch of swatch sticks a week or so ago, and as long as I had my polishes all swatched I'd be happy with a Melmer! I have so many glitters and studs and stuff haha, it's a little absurd! I'm sure you'll love it, it's so much fun!!

      Delete
  2. p.s. great hint about the hard to open bottles, I have a Color Club like that. also jealous about the lake bit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had one not open when using rubber bands! :) It was so tiring though haha, I have definitely never swam that far and I didn't have a flotation device!

      Delete