Thursday 12 December 2013

Pretty & Polished Cuticle Balm Review: Pink Sugar and Lavishing Lemon!

Hey everyone! Today I have a review of two Pretty & Polished cuticle balms to share!

These two cuticle balms have vastly different consistencies and physical properties due to their different formulas, so I'll talk about their consistencies individually below!

Pretty & Polished Pink Sugar Cuticle Balm

The Pretty & Polished Pink Sugar Cuticle Balm melts easily upon skin contact and is quite greasy (which I love in a cuticle balm). It mostly soaks in within ten minutes of massaging your cuticles periodically, and it's incredibly moisturizing!

Pretty & Polished Pink Sugar Cuticle Balm

The scent is amazing and just as they describe it on the website, "Pink Sugar features notes of cotton candy, strawberry, vanilla and musk. It's a dreamy combination!" I haven't smelled any other pink sugar scent before so I can't say if it's like other pink sugar fragrances, but it smells incredibly lovely!

Pretty & Polished Pink Sugar Cuticle Balm

Pretty & Polished Lavishing Lemon Cuticle Balm

Next up is Pretty & Polished Lavishing Lemon Cuticle Balm! This one is a lot harder and more difficult to melt, even more so that the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. I actually have trouble melting it if I've been out in the cold prior to trying to put it on. It's easy to scrape a tiny bit off the side to use though, so even if you're too cold to melt it, you can still use it! This leaves a thin layer of hardly greasy balm on your cuticles for about ten minutes without any extra rubbing in or massaging!

Pretty & Polished Lavishing Lemon Cuticle Balm

The scent is just simply lemon as you may have guessed, super fresh and lovely!

Pretty & Polished Lavishing Lemon Cuticle Balm

I really love having both of these on hand because either one or the other is great for any upcoming situation! For example, if I have a lab coming up I can use the lemon one because I know it will soak in fast and not be greasy!

Thanks so much for reading everyone! I have some indie polishes to swatch so look forward to those swatch and review posts! Hope you're all having a lovely Thursday! I have a final exam today, tomorrow and the next day (a Saturday!) so I will be the happiest Bailey ever sleeping in Sunday morning! What about you guys? Anything stressful or exciting coming up? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment