Friday 15 November 2013

Contrary Polish Westport and Hex Nail Jewelry!

Hey everyone! Today I have a swatch of Contrary Polish Westport and some Hex Nail Jewelry charms to share!

I was so pressed for time and so busy studying (read: cramming like a mad women) this week, that I'm posting these right before I take them off and redo my nails! I also only did one thick coat of Westport (which isn't quite enough for an opaque look as you can see) but it was late and I was tired :P. I still love the look of these and the whole mani only ended up taking me twenty minutes, which is a real bonus during midterm weeks!

Almost every week of the semester starting about a month ago or more are midterm weeks (every week but two), so I'll try to work on not having midterm cuticles in the future! Let's call them that, shall we? Sorry about my midterm cuticles in these pictures guys!

Both Westport and the Hex Nail Jewelry charms were perfect to apply (I love the Contrary Polish brushes!), but the crab charm was a little too curved for the nail I put it on. I'm sure I could have positioned it better or maybe even bent it backwards to make it a bit more straight, but instead I just double top coated it (and the other charm-covered nails)! The plain nails have just one coat of top coat on top!

I fell madly in love with Westport when I saw it on my nails, it's an olive green crelly with gold and orange shimmer! I will definitely be wearing this again so stay tuned for proper two coat swatches!

Anyways, onto the pictures!

Contrary Polish Westport

Contrary Polish Westport

Contrary Polish Westport

Contrary Polish Westport

Contrary Polish Westport

Contrary Polish Westport

What do you guys think of Westport, it's gorgeous right?! And I can't wait to try my Hex Nail Jewelry charms over different polishes and incorporate them into nail art! I have two others, an ice cream cone and an owl!

Thanks so much for reading guys! I'll have some more labour-intensive nail art posted in two days for those of you who prefer nail art to swatches! Happy Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment