Tuesday 4 February 2014

Rainbow Honey Swatches and Review: Papillon and Magic Cake!

Hey everyone! Today I have a swatch and review of two lovely Rainbow Honey polishes to share; Papillon and Magic Cake!

I am still just absolutely exhausted from my two back-to-back midterms yesterday evening so I'll keep this short! How are you guys doing today/this week? Let me know in the comments!

I'll be hosting a giveaway once I reach 150 Tumblr followers, so you guys can follow me on Tumblr here if you'd like to see the giveaway start sooner! It will be open to the US and Canada only unfortunately, sorry guys, I'm a poor student!

Rainbow Honey Papillon

First up we have Papillon, a clear-based glitter topper with silver shimmer, iridescent hexes and tons of different pink and purple holographic glitter (including the butterflies)!

Rainbow Honey Papillon

Application was super easy and I only had to fish for a few butterflies, and I did all ten nails so that's pretty darn great!

Rainbow Honey Papillon

What you see here is just one easy coat followed by a coat of topcoat, with two coats of Revlon Timeless for undies!

Rainbow Honey Papillon

Pink is definitely not my colour and even so, I absolutely loved this polish! You can check out it's holographic awesomeness below in an Instagram video I posted a few days ago!

Rainbow Honey Papillon

Rainbow Honey Magic Cake

Next we have Magic Cake, another clear-based glitter topper, with tons of neon matte glitters in various sizes and a small amount of silver shimmer!

Rainbow Honey Magic Cake

I apologize for all of the bubbles in this mani, I painted it pretty quickly pretty close to a fan and it definitely shows!

Rainbow Honey Magic Cake

Application was just a hair trickier with this one as the glitters were slightly more difficult to move around and separate. I think that's often the case with glitter-packed polishes like this and it was still completely manageable!

Rainbow Honey Magic Cake

For the base I used two coats of Sally Hansen Barracuda, and then I topped it off with one coat of Magic Cake and a coat of top coat!

Rainbow Honey Magic Cake

For some crazy reason I didn't think I was going to like this polish, but I was SO wrong! The name is so perfect too! I'm currently wearing it and I like to imagine I have ten little magic cakes on my nails with light blue frosting and sprinkles!

What do you guys think of these lovely glitter toppers? I'd love to hear in the comments! As always, thank you so much for reading everyone! Happy Tuesday!

*These polishes were sent to me in exchange for swatches and an honest review.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely liking magic cake as well as the butterfly's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I already liked your pics on instagram :P

    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you!! I love these polishes too! :)

      Delete
  3. Magic Cake is ammazing! I love neon glitter so much and this one is soo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I have no idea why I thought I wouldn't like it!

      Delete