Friday 7 February 2014

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice Swatch and Review!

Hey everyone! Today I have a swatch and review of a new Black Sheep Lacquer thermal called Fire & Ice!

How are all of my lovely readers doing today? I'm actually doing quite well despite the sad stuff going on in my life right now. It has been harder for me to focus lately (on school and on blogging) and I've been procrastinating even more and studying even less than usual. Somehow, I managed to get A's or even A+'s on my first three midterms (one for each of my non-elective courses; Organic Chemistry II, Spectroscopy and Genetics) and I've never gotten an A on an organic chem test before! It's the class I struggle with the most, but now that I know I can do well in it (i.e. get better than an A-) I might actually put in some more effort :P. Getting my marks back was a very welcome and happy surprise because I was worried I wasn't doing well and that I'd started off the semester badly.

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

Anyways, onto the polish! Fire & Ice is a clear/grey to lightish blue to purple/burgundy thermal polish stuffed with varying sizes of iridescent glitter! The iridescent glitter in this polish is such a lovely addition because it shines different colours when the base is different colours!

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

These first few pictures are of the polish in it's normal/warm state, or at least my normal/warm state!

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

Another cool thing about this polish is that the temperature of my house is warm enough to make it blue, so I got to see it warm up before my eyes when I took it out of the package!

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

This is what this polished looked like after I had stuck my hands in the freezer to grab a few ice cubes (to stick in a cup of water to cool my nails in for the rest of the pictures)!

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

The formula on this baby was amazing! I used three coats and each one dried insanely quickly, I don't think it would be possible to paint the coats too quickly and create bubbles! The glitters were perfectly suspended in the base and it was the perfect consistency for easy application! 

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

This polish did dry slightly matte (which looked really cool) but after top coating it it became extremely shiny! Like, shinier than my top coat ever makes things. Also, one coat of top coat is all you need for a glass-like finish because the polish is sheer enough that you don't need a crazy amount of glitter to see it all!

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

See what I mean about the iridescent glitters? They glow like crazy when this polish is cold!

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

Up close the tiny iridescent glitters almost look like holographic ones because of all the different colours they shine, so pretty!

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

Here the polish is in all of it's states at once so you can really tell how dramatic the changes in colour are!

Black Sheep Lacquer Fire & Ice

I know I've bombarded you with pictures, but this is the last one, I promise! Here are macro shots of the different states all together so you can really see how the glitters change based on the base!

Thank you so much for reading everyone! Like I said above, I'd love to know how you guys are doing in the comments! I'd also love to know your thoughts on this polish! If you'd like to see some videos of this polish in action you can find some on my Instagram! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment