Monday 30 September 2013

Blue to Yellow Gradient Topped with Black Sheep Lacquer's Grab Your Toque!

Hello everyone! Today I have a simple gradient topped with glitter combo to share!

For this look I started off with one coat of Essie Mesmerized, as pictured below! This polish could easily be a one-coater if you're careful enough, but since I knew I wanted to do some nail art on top it was okay that I wasn't overly cautious on some nails. Also, my light box is incredibly forgiving when it comes to bald spots, which is very convenient when I'm just swatching the bases for my nail art!

Anyways, onto the swatches and nail art!

Essie Mesmerize

This is one coat of Essie Mesmerized and no top coat!

Essie Mesmerize

Black Sheep Lacquer Grab Your Toque

The other colour I used for the gradient was a lovely OPI yellow called Fiercely Fiona! I mixed varying amounts of Mesmerized and Fiercely Fiona for the two in between colours in attempt to create a smoother gradient. I've started using eyeshadow brushes for gradients and just sponging on one colour at a time. It's much less messy that way and requires much less cleanup!

The glitter topper I slapped on top of it all is Black Sheep Lacquer Grab Your Toque, a lovely red and white glitter topper as you can see! I thought it would contrast nicely with the blue and yellow and I really like the effect!

Black Sheep Lacquer Grab Your Toque

Black Sheep Lacquer Grab Your Toque

Black Sheep Lacquer Grab Your Toque

Thank you so much for reading my lovelies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment