Thursday 15 May 2014

Deborah Lippmann Hannah & Taping with Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet!

Hey everyone! Today I have a swatch and review of Deborah Lippmann Hannah as well as some simple taping nail art to share featuring a lovely Black Sheep Lacquer multichrome!

Today I've been enjoying another lazy morning with my boyfriend since he has Thursdays off. I'm especially glad about it because I've had a migraine all day that started last night, so I definitely wouldn't want to be running around! I took a Tylenol earlier but I don't think it really touched the pain. Oh well, I'm happy just laying around because standing up and moving around is mostly what's hurting. Anyways, onto the nails!

Deborah Lippmann Hannah

I played around with a bunch of different lightings, camera settings and poses this time around, and I'm still not sure what I like the best. The pictures with a white or brown background were just kind of for fun. I took them outside of my light box on full automatic settings, but they actually turned out better than my light box swatches!

Deborah Lippmann Hannah

I do think I'll be wanting to use my light box for my pictures, I just need to figure it and my camera out a bit more :P. I plan to spend more time fiddling with it today or tomorrow and I hope to make some decisions!

Deborah Lippmann Hannah

I found that custom white-balancing the pictures on the white background was easier to do and more accurate, so I'm feeling very tempted to go back to that. I didn't include any of those pictures here but maybe I will in my next post. I'd really love to hear your guys' thoughts on all of this! It would help so much!

Deborah Lippmann Hannah

Now, onto these nails specifically! I started with two easy coats of Deborah Lippmann Hannah; a gorgeous dusty dark green creme. It had a perfect formula and was super quick-drying! I also absolutely love the brush Deborah Lippmanns have, they're thin and kind of small and so dang easy to work with and get nice rounded lines at the cuticle!

Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet

Speaking of cuticles, this polish did stain my cuticles a little bit. I'm pretty sure that was because I had just pushed them back and they were a bit dry though!

Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet

The next day I decided to add little accents using Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet. I purchased it a while ago and I have been really excited to try it! I think I'll swatch it and have a post up about just it later this week!

Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet

Another decision I'd like to make is whether to use square pictures or pictures with the normal dimensions. Square pictures show up bigger on my blog and they're so easy to Instagram! What do you guys think? I'd really love to know!

Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet

I can't get over how pretty and how multichromatic Purple Planet is! I can't wait to get up some proper swatches of it!

Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet

Sorry for all the pictures here guys, I kind of went nuts!

Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet

Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet

Black Sheep Lacquer Purple Planet

Thank you so much for reading everyone! Again, I'd love to have your input on backgrounds and picture shapes because I'm pretty indecisive! :P Let me know what you thought of these nails in the comments too! Happy Thursday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment