Saturday 1 March 2014

Black Sheep Lacquer Grey Ghost plus Lace and Peacock Feather Nail Art!

Hey everyone! Today I have a swatch and review of Black Sheep Lacquer Grey Ghost and some nail art on top to share!

I'm pretty excited because in the week that's coming up I have no midterms! Except that means I should really be working on my 1-2 page write-ups and 12-15 page term paper for genetics. I've only done one of the 6-8 write-ups and I haven't started the paper except for an outline (because it was due a few weeks ago). I wouldn't be Bailey if I didn't do stuff like procrastinate so oh well haha! Onto the nails!

Black Sheep Lacquer Grey Ghost

What you see here is two easy coats of Grey Ghost and a coat of top coat! This polish has the most gorgeous scattered holographic shimmer and in the Sun it almost looks as if each holographic particle is partially translucent. It is seriously gorgeous and I can't not look at it when it's sunny!

Black Sheep Lacquer Grey Ghost

Oh and have I mentioned it's also a thermal? It goes from white/really light grey to dark grey when it goes from hot to cold!

Black Sheep Lacquer Grey Ghost

Here is a little collage so I don't bombard you with 12 pictures instead of 9 (technically this collage is one picture and not four right?)! When you aren't in the Sun or similar lighting and this polish is cold, you can see the holographic pigment as silver really well! Gorgeous!

Black Sheep Lacquer Grey Ghost

You can see the awesome translucent-looking holographic particles in this picture taken above my light box!

Black Sheep Lacquer Grey Ghost

Oh how I love grey polishes, they're perfect bases for nail art of any kind or colour! And I just love watching my nail art and entire mani look different and changing colour in different temperatures!

Lace and Peacock Nail Art

And here we have the nail art! The design on my thumb, middle and ring finger nails is a copy of part of Lindsey of Wondrously Polished lace nail art that you can find here! She is amazingly talented at nail art and I always love every single mani she does! Check her out if you haven't already!

Lace and Peacock Nail Art

For my index and pinky finger I stamped a peacock feather design from the Bundle Monster plate BM-212!

Lace and Peacock Nail Art

I used another Black Sheep Lacquer polish for the free-hand and stamping bits here called Dragon Scale. It's a gorgeous two-coater teal polish with glitter and a bit of a duochrome effect! I swatched and reviewed this baby last summer so here's a link to that post if you want to see a swatch or review of it!

Lace and Peacock Nail Art

Did you notice that the nail art pictures look a little better white balanced? I think I finally figured out how to do it on the camera I use! Squee!!!!

Thank you so much for reading everyone! What are you guys up to on this Saturday afternoon? And what do you think of this polish and this nail art? Let me know in the comments! Happy March! :)

4 comments:

  1. oh i love that grey and green, gorgeous combination and really pretty nail art. thermals are so much fun, i don't own any but i definitely want to!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! <3 They are so fun, I love them so much! =)

      Delete
  2. Very cute combination, I think I am being persuaded more and more to try a thermal nail polish! :)

    ReplyDelete