Wednesday 1 January 2014

Yume Lacquer Swatches and Review: Courageous Thunder, Galactic Punt and Foreign Gold!

Hey everyone, and happy new year! Today I have some lovely Yume Lacquer polishes to share!*

Amanda of Yume Lacquer makes polish inspired by manga, anime, video games and science fiction which is really cool to me! Admittedly, I haven't played a lot of video games in the last few years (excepting Minecraft) because when I transitioned from high school to full-time college I decided I didn't really have time for video games and nails. I'm sure you can guess which one won haha! I also haven't read any mangas… I guess I'm pretty lame eh? :P My boyfriend got me into animes and we've watched a lot, and I really like sci fi movies and TV shows though!

Yume Lacquer Courageous Thunder

Anyways, first up is Courageous Thunder, a dark green shimmery polish with tiny pink glitters/shimmer throughout! This one was inspired by Sailor Jupiter!

Yume Lacquer Courageous Thunder

Formula-wise this polish was a dream, it was slightly thick to avoid cuticle-pooling and allow for effortless control!

Yume Lacquer Courageous Thunder

This baby was also nice and opaque, requiring only two coats. I also didn't use top coat for these photos so what you see here is just two coats and no top coat!

Yume Lacquer Courageous Thunder


Yume Lacquer Galactic Punt

Next we have Galactic Punt, a green crelly polish with metallic yellow (not quite gold) shards of glitter. This one is inspired by a character from Persona 4!

Yume Lacquer Galactic Punt

This polish was a little thicker than the other two due to the glitter, but the clumps of glitter were very easy to separate and spread out evenly on the nail!

Yume Lacquer Galactic Punt

Again, for these pictures I used two easy coats of the polish! For this one I did use a coat of top coat due to the lumpy nature of glitter polishes.

Yume Lacquer Galactic Punt


Yume Lacquer Foreign Gold

Lastly for today we have Foreign Gold, a yellow crelly polish stuffed with small silver glitters! This polish was inspired by a Persona 2 character.

Yume Lacquer Foreign Gold

This lovely polish had a very similar formula to Courageous Thunder, slightly thick and therefore perfect by me!

Yume Lacquer Foreign Gold

Also like Courageous Thunder, these pictures show two coats and no top coat which is almost unbelievable for a yellow polish!

Yume Lacquer Foreign Gold

Thank you so much for reading everyone! I will have swatches of four more Yume Lacquer polishes on the blog soon! Let me know down below which one is your favourite! :)

*These polishes were provided for swatches and an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment